Jones is a town in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, and a part of the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area. The population is approx. 2,517, originally known as Glaze, Jones was platted as a townsite on April 22, 1898 by Luther F. Aldrich before the St. Louis and Oklahoma City Railroad constructed a line from Sapulpa to Oklahoma City. Aldrich named the town after his friend and business associate, Charles G. "Gristmill" Jones who was a three-time mayor of Oklahoma City. Jones later named his eldest son Luther.